1. The player must receive a grade point average of 92 or better for three years.
2. The player must be a 2nd-year member of the varsity basketball team.
3. The player must have made a significant contribution to the team during the current season.
4. The player must be a senior of good moral character.
Academic All-State Selection Process
1. Academic All-State Team ballots will be sent out with the McDonald's Senior All-Star ballots in January.
2. Coaches will nominate players based on the criteria and will follow the directions on the ballot.
3. A five-person committee will meet after the return deadline to go over the ballots and select the top ten boys and girls.